Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's finally Fall!

The weather has been up and down this week here in Georgia. It was 80 degrees two days ago and now it's closer to 50. I'll take it though. My Wisconsin skin prefers the chilly weather over the heat any day. It's finally starting to feel like fall. That means I can start wearing my cardigans, sweaters and boots again!

I got some good news this week. I was looking up what classes I am taking next semester. I was set to take: Cognitive Psychology, Psychology of Diversity, Psychology Capstone (Senior seminar), and a lab-based science. The two last classes were gonna be a doozy, for sure. Well, it turns out I already took a Learning and Cognition course at North Georgia before I transferred. I contacted my advisor and she doubled checked my transcript. Turns out that I don't have to take Cognitive Psychology. Thank goodness! One less class means a lighter load. It gives me the ability to focus more on the three classes I do have to take! Maybe even a little more time at FOCUS.

Over the weekend, Jake and I went up to my old stomping grounds in Dahlonega for the Gold Rush Festival. We met up with my girlfriends and sorority sisters Friday night. My friend Jen found a wonderful cabin in Suches, north of Dahlonega. It was about a 30 minute drive to Dahlonega, but well worth it. The cabin and views were beautiful! The owner was very friendly and even showed us how to use the zip line. Jake and I didn't participate, but it was fun watching a few of the others. On Friday Night, Jen waited until all of us arrived at the cabin to reveal her beautiful engagement ring! None of us had any idea! Her boyfriend, David, proposed the day before. We were all very excited and it was a great way to start the weekend!

On Saturday, we went into town for a sorority alumnae banquet and walked around the festival. There were arts, crafts, turkey legs, funnel cakes, gyros, EVERYTHING! We were all more concerned with the food from our favorite Mexican restraunt in town, Pueblos. The food was as good as I remembered! There were a lot of bikers and cyclists on the road up there over the weekend. It made me think about how awesome it would be to do that in the wide open, mountain air. Jake, on the other hand, was more interested in the lakes and ponds we passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment